Trading Science successfully integrated its supply chain solution with SAP and shop floor control systems to provide an effective S&OP process that could be executed in real time from order acceptance, through manufacturing and shipping to customer delivery.
Metsä Board’s office papers division, m-real, were implementing SAP R/3 and needed a supply chain planning solution that would ultimately allow them to promise reliable delivery dates in real-time to their customers. The challenge was to be able to schedule incoming orders into their production schedules across multiple manufacturing sites and complex distribution network. Having experimented with SAP APO and gATP in other parts of the group m-real chose I-Plan as the solution.
- A company view of the demand plan
- A demand / supply balance maximising profitability
- Reduce finished goods inventory levels
- Reduce production grade changes
- Least cost production schedules accurately aligned with demand
- Optimise paper machine allocation for maximum profitability
- Reliable delivery dates in real time resulting in reduced cost and increased customer satisfaction
The I-Plan Solution
Our solution provided a demand forecast driven sales and operations planning process with profit based supply network optimisation, inventory replenishment across their Europe wide distribution network, and I-Plan ATP/ CTP solution for global delivery scheduling. The S&OP from I-Plan was used in their monthly executive meetings to agree market allocations, production quantities and inventory strategy with the I-Plan results driving the sales order intake via SAP and production through interfaces to the shop floor systems. The solution utilises the following I-Plan modules:-
Partner Integrated Solutions
❖ SAP R/3 Corporate ERP System
❖ Greycon S-Plan for Production Scheduling
❖ Greycon X-Trim for Trim Optimisation